Do I dare?

Wednesday, January 17, 2007

Snow!!

I thought I wasn't going to get to see snow this winter ... but I was wrong!!

I woke up this morning, and as I was getting ready for work, peeked outside my window to see a light dusting of snow covering the grass outside the apartment. The past weekend, Dallas had been under a "winter storm watch," with the main concern being the ice storm messing up the roads. And as I usually have a bone to pick with the crazy Dallas drivers in good weather, I spent most of the past weekend in my apartment as to avoid any problems. But yesterday (Tuesday) the weather had been nice, if not a little chilly, and the "winter storm advisory" icon had disappeared from the bottom of the TV screen. So when I saw that 1/16 of an inch barely covering the grass, I thought nothing of it and continued to get ready for work. As I was about to walk out the front door, though, I realized that my work phone had been off all night since I had gone into the gym with it, and I turned it back on to find a new message for me.

"Hey Christina, it's Maria. Stacy just called and wanted me to let you know, the center's closed today; programming's cancelled. Enjoy the day off!"

Oh yes. The center, along with pretty much everyother center and service and what-have-you in the Dallas area was closed for a "snow day." For 1/16 of an inch!! Seriously people. That's not even enough snow worth playing in! (Although the kids from upstairs were outside earlier, chunking off the nasty snow from the cars in the parking lot and throwing it at each other, so good for them!)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home